Arizona Governor Jan Brewer recently signed into law a controversial immigration reform bill that has stirred up strong emotions from Republicans and Democrats alike. Underpinning much of the debate is the concern by many that this new law will unleash a tidal wave of abuse as racist rogue cops and INS agents target Hispanics – reminiscent of the roundup of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s. There are protests from some unusual corners: Several prominent Hispanic Major League baseball players are asking other players to boycott next summer’s All Star Game (slated to be played in Phoenix) or at least pledge not swing at anything outside of the strike zone.
On VFTB’s YouTube Channel: Encourage Your Challenging Child – Through POSITIVE Parenting
Have you read these other VFTB articles?
- A Very Scary Fairy Tale – The Angry Orange Ogre
- My Wife Says We Hold Onto Too Much Stuff – Why She’s Wrong
- A brief history of the apology
- It’s a Wonderful World, Says Mother Nature
- You Have the Right to Remain Silent – My Recent Run-in with the Law
- A moment of sadness – America’s greatest inventor has tossed his last toss
- Trapped in the Land of Do-It-Yourselfers
- BREAKING NEWS! President Trump Says Something Shocking AND Offensive
- My Sinkin’ Lincoln
- A Newcomer’s Guide to Hockey’s Newest Team – The Seattle Kraken